New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

Kumasi...........again :)

Posted

Finally i am able to get on a computer that works! Sorry!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD MOM AND TINE TOMORROW!! :D No I'm not THAT much of a loser brother and son.

I'm doing great! Yes I'm back in Kumasi and both me and my companion are brand new in the area. We are in Bantama, where the ward just split so that's sweet! At least it wont be like Asokwa!! :D My companion is elder Marsan from Liberia! He is freakin right!! I love this guy! We will enjoy this transfer and hopefully the next few transfers! This is the place in Kumasi i was always wishing id serve. I'm in the zone leaders apartment. There are 6 sisters in my district...3 brand new ones. They are sweet! It seems like everyone in Kumasi is just sweet.

The package i got was the year mark one with sweet food and pictures! And the leaf and a-corn from Carthage and Nauvoo. It was sweet to see new pictures of my family!!! Sorry your pictures are coming, i promise!! :D

This week Ive really gained a testimony about how president does transfers. He really does follow the Spirit and does it right! I am always put with someone or in an area for certain reasons. The last two transfers in Praso was basically for these 2 ladies we found contacting who always wanted to come to church. They have had problems their whole lives, lots of personal stuff i wont mention. We helped them through it and now 2 months after their baptism they went to the temple to do baptisms and fell in love with the temple. One of them, Bridget, always goes to Accra to buy things for selling at market and is now getting a Temple recommend so she can stop by the temple every other week. I couldn't believe it when she told us that that is what she wanted to do. I felt amazing. Shes been my favorite convert since Bounti and Harrison in Asokwa! I loved when she told us about her temple experience. And now our new mission goal is to help recent converts do missionary work and also help prepare these recent converts to do their ancestors names in the temple! I'm so stoked for this goal, this is what its all about!! :D We are helping to change lives and strengthen these recent converts testimonies about missionary work and the temple! I love it.

Happy birthday dad and mom and tine!! I didn't forget! I promise!! It wasn't my fault, we were even in Cape Coast last week, internet was down. So hope your bdays were sweet!! Do anything special!! Tine you are turning 17 tomorrow?! What?? My little sister is a senior and 17 and dating often?! When did all of this happen....haha. Enjoy it now, real life will come haha.

I wish i could be there with Landon!! It reminds me of how HIGH our family was all around the time of my call and stuff...remember that cloud 9 we were on with everything?! It was such a sweet feeling, the hard work of being ready and worthy of a mission all paid off! I love that kid!

What pictures did you see on e. Speechly's blog?? I love that guy!! Probably one of my best friends on mission, he was in Assin Foso on the Cape Coast--Kumasi road. He is sweet!! Pictures will come!! PROMISE!! Oh and elder Evans goes home at the end of this six weeks, he went to school at Mojave so near marks house, not too bad. I'm sending the stuff down to him this week Friday so it will get to him. Hope you enjoy it!! :D Oh and today we found the fastest internet cafe in Ghana!! ITS LIKE HOME!!! So hopefully in the next few weeks ill be able to take some time loading pictures, its just an expensive cafe! :(

I am loving life...mission is sweet, just pluggin along. Gotta contact all this week...the guys in our area last transfer, one was going home and the other DID WORK in this one area and they are pretty much baptized so we need new people. Oh and that same elder kinda built a house for this member whose house burned down last year.... He is kinda legit. Its freakin sweet!! Cant believe he had a whole house built in like 4-5 months. He's done well. He was upset to leave this area haha. Its a sweet area...the members speak really good English and the ward actually functions on its own really well. I love it!

I know that our Father in heaven always knows what he is doing....even if we might question it, its right! The second we just accept it and go along for the ride with a good attitude, the better off we will be. I love this gospel. Its changed my life and I've seen it change so many while I've been here. Its all about the Book of Mormon. Its just so straight forward and the Spirit just blasts you if you take the time to read and study it! :D So i was really disappointed this week only because our temple trip was canceled by the area office. I was working my butt off to make this temple trip sweet!! But i guess i just need to keep this up til i go with the mission president next august. I love you guys.

Talk to ya next week!

Love Cody

This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments