New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

I love days like this

Posted

What a sweet feeling it was to read the family emails this week. Ive been yearning for them a little more this week then in the past. Its been a tough week. My comp is a Nazi and its driving me crazy, no worries though, I'm being patient as i can be with only a few sarcastic comments thrown in that he probably will never understand since sarcasm doesn't exist here haha. We are definitely working hard, we gave another 4 people baptism dates and there will be maybe 4 more this week to all be baptized the 18th. One man sticks out in my mind,Bro Tanko. He is my favorite branch member's father and has had a lot of word of wisdom problems for the last year but is now getting over them and is ready to be baptized. The sweet thing about it is that his son, Kasim, is not in town and doesn't know about it yet!! When he gets back he'll learn that his dad is being baptized! Cant wait to see his face, he's been praying for his family to accept the church. Just after his father becomes a member it will be a lot easier to teach the wife. I love missionary work. This has gotta be the sweetest thing, to see people change all because you helped them feel the Spirit in a lesson or helped teach them to read the Book of Mormon or pray. I love it. This is what keeps me going.

This week I've spent a lot of time with elder Kouakou since elder Bentum was going to Cape Coast for some training thing that is specifically from the brethren and it is for every mission. Its sweet! I cant wait to start focusing more on these things they have for us.

Yeah, everyone is being exactly obedient now that we got hammered!! Its a lot easier to do when everyone else is also making an effort. It'll be sweet to see how well our mission does because of all this obedience, since we are already working miracles. Elder Chime (zone leader) said that our zone had 40 baptisms last week and that didn't count our district at all and our baptism will be a good one in two
weeks....we are just being blessed with success. Sorry for all those missions having hard times, keep up the door knocking cuz the baptisms are ranking in in Africa. In a few weeks a new area opens up! It'll be sweet! Our mission is looking to be split within the next year or two, crazy.

Grandma you crack me up! Waiving your hands at my family to sit by you since you got there NOT LATE and saved seats....hahaha. Pres Richards on the stand smiling....i can see it now!

I got the package with that elders garments! Thank you so much!! He will be so happy for those! :D

I agree with you mom, I want to be like Job buuuut....the trials i have now our enough!! haha. Watch out for what you say! Or even think! The Lord knows...

LANDON IS GOING TO ARGENTINA!!! FREAK MAN!! THATS SWEET LANDON!!! 4 best friends....3 Spanish speaking....they better teach me!! Matthew told me he could have me fluent in like 6 months haha. Man, i miss these guys!

BYU is too legit for the mountain west this year huh? I hope they get smashed....it'll be replayed all night long on sportscenter....every 30 minutes BYU loses again. Im stoked the braves are in first!! Finally....after a long 5-6 years. Go bobby cox!

You sure you guys need pictures of me?? You did just fine without them this last year hahaha. I'm joking mom, calm down, don't hit the computer. They will come in the near future! haha.

Well i love you guys so much. Keep working hard....it will all pay off! Trials will never cease, its just a matter of strengthening ourselves to get through them, holding on to what we have already learned. Yesterday was one of the sweetest lessons I've ever had. We went to a less-active part-member family and taught the member who is the mother of the family, Sis Diana. We opened up to Alma 7 and talked
about the Atonement and how Christ has suffered all of our pains, afflictions, sicknesses, etc. and the reason He had to go through all of those things was so the He could know how to succor us. I bore my testimony to her telling her how i felt because of that sacrifice He made for me and how I owe my whole life to the Savior because of it. The Atonement changes my whole look on life, it helps me work harder,
be more patient and loving especially to my sweet (add sarcasm here)companion. The Spirit was definitely in that lesson and helped each of us feel the ways we needed to change. She promised us she would be at church this week, and i silently promised my Father in Heaven that i would be more patient to my companion and try to help him in the areas he needs it, etc. I love days like this. :D

Have a good week!

Elder Cody Lehr

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments