New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

Same area......8 months later

Posted

Family!

I'm now 20...cant believe it. haha. Anyways...the work is going great. gotta love it when investigators show up to church haha. Harrison came and that old man Edmund who is going to bring his wife when she comes back to town. George and his nephew came, HE TOLD US HE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED! He knows its true, he just hasn't had the chance to come to church much, which has to change if he wants baptism. Cant just baptize anyone, like elders used to here, hence the 300 less-actives. The work is going well, it was kinda cool to have zone conference on my b-day. We went to the only good restaurant in town and had pizza and burgers and ate a few ice cream bars....big spender haha. It was fun. The week flew by yet again. Its crazy how 8 months snuck up on me, this Wednesday. 1/3 .... cant believe that either, a lot more to learn.

Nothing really big happened this week to mention, but i guess i could talk about that picture of elder Clements and I with the chicken that has no head. Well...Elder Clements was talking about how he is sick of rice or noodles and wanted something good and then he thought of buying a live chicken and killing it. He knows how so why stop him? Hahaha....i thought he'd be the one doing it and then when it came to cutting it off, he turned and looked at me asking me if id kill it and he'd hold it hahaha. My heart was beating, not a big deal but I've never killed an animal before. Kinda funny. You'll have to see the video haha.

I really wish i could have conference to watch or read...it sounded good. I caught a small bit of the priesthood session, but not very much of it. We should get to watch some of it with the stake a week or two after mother's day, I'm excited for that.

Sorry it's such a short email this week, not too much has happened. That's what happens when you're in the same area for 9 months at the end of this transfer. haha. I love Asokwa though. The work is progressing much faster then it was a year or two ago, says some of the members. Asokwa was the best ward in Kumasi, then everyone moved away when the wards split sooo it's left with not many members.


Anyways, I love you guys so much and cant wait to call you on mother's day!! :D It's coming!

Love, Elder Lehr

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments