New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

Happy Birthday Elder Lehr

Posted

I FREAKIN MISS MY FAMILY! CANT I JUST FLY OVER TO HAVE A BIRTHDAY DINNER AND COME BACK??

Anyways, Life in Ghana is always interesting. Always. Elder Harris was rushed to the hospital, he was in a whole lot of pain, coming from his right kidney. Everyone thought it was like kidney stones or something. Still not sure exactly cuz the doctors here are always full and you have to get there extremely early to get a spot with the doctor for that day. Sound like whats going to happen in the states?? Hope not, if so....lets go to Mexico! Ive always wanted to learn Spanish haha. Anyways he's ok now and passed something on Saturday, but still has to meet with a urologist on Wednesday if he gets there early enough. I think it's hilarious while you guys are all freaking out cuz its African hospitals and needles and all that....its safe here don't worry haha. I found out today from the Kiffers that Ghana is not considered a 3rd world country! That surprised me a little bit, but hey...there is definitely areas that are more like 12th world if you asked me haha. Anyways, just thought id let you know about him. The UST apartment which is in my district got two different elders. One is from Uganda and the other is elder Clements MT and he is from Samoa. Both way cool guys, we'll enjoy another 6 weeks.

There is a couple in UST ward that are missionaries for some of the branches out past Kumasi area and their son is one of the best players for Ghana's national team! Anyways...his name is Kojo Asamoah and he is coming home next month so we definitely want to meet him. That will be sweet.

Cant believe that i will be 20 this week....still not real to me. Neither is serving a mission in Africa, at least most days it's not normal. I have just determined that i will be here in Asokwa ward for the whole two years....with that in mind it's not so bad to think about 9 months in Asokwa ward after this transfer. Kinda crazy but i like it so its not a big deal.

The family we are working with lately came to church this week, well at least the husband did. Still haven't met the wife because she is still in Accra. She should be home soon as in a couple weeks. He tells us they will come to church together and she wont have any problems joining him. :D :D :D I loved hearing that. We'll see how that goes and work on him and others til this goal is finished. These goals are difficult but definitely amazing experiences of trusting in the Lord and the goal that HE has set. Be obedient, work hard as if it all depends on me and my companion, then pray as if everything depends on Him who sent me. It sounds simple, but it has taken a lot of practice and im still in training with it haha. I have learned so much on my mission and seem to have changed a lot. I loved the priesthood talks by Uchtdorf and Eyring. Those were like the only ones we could download audio for but they are amazing!! Cant wait til next month to see some of them live. Patience patience patience.

Well this week is going to fly by...District meeting tomorrow then institute on Wednesday that we are trying to get investigators to, (its a trial each week haha.) and then zone conference on Thursday...every six weeks! I sure do love zone conference. Mail possibilities, meals both physically and spiritually which motivates all of us to work hard and do what is right all the way up to the next one where that motivation comes again. We continue that every six weeks and before you know it....I'm turning 20 and 8 months on mission....still feel green....still act green. Which is good because some guys lose that MTC fire fast. I know i did, but its been really good for me because now i have to keep myself motivated and the only way to do that is just go out and work! :D This work is divine! haha.

Well i love you guys so much. Glad you enjoyed the ranch house...definitely miss the prime rib. :D Have a great week and remember that a certain Missionary (not a teen-ager)in Africa thinks about you always and loves you so much!

Love, Elder Lehr

This entry was posted on Monday, April 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments