New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

Knowledge Knot

Posted

Family!!!

How are you? Happy new year!! I hope you had a good holiday season! Mine was...interesting. Apparently there isnt a law against making so much loud noise at night haha. All of the churchs here had loud music or people "speaking in tongues" on microphones all night!! We couldnt sleep til way late. It was crazy outside, so we stayed in haha.  Besides that everything has been just normal! You know that random less-active and his referral he brought to church last week? Well we taught him twice and they both came to church this week! He is way too smart for us! He was quoting scriptures from the bible and Coran and he would quote from the coran in ARAB, or whatever language it was written. It was crazy and intimidating haha. He is definitely progressing and we will meet him a few times this week too! We are so excited for his progress and pray and thank Heavenly Father for everything He has done for us and that He will continue to bless us and this potential less-active and referall for the goal! Besides them, we had 3 other less-actives at church that each brought a referall (some are more serious then others). We were so excited this sunday especially since elders akoki and harris baptised their referall! It was awesome

So this week we had really low numbers because nobody was around, they had all traveled or were busy for the holidays (Christmas Season lasts a lot longer over here). Ghanains sure do love to travel all over the world. Seriously, they are in every country! I love the people... i cant say that enough. They are so chill and love to talk and relax. They really fear and love God so much and when they hear about the gospel they really are converted! (most of them).

 I cant believe that in a few weeks it will be 5 months. It has flown by for the most part. I love it even though its the hardest thing i have ever done. The Lord really is preparing me and putting me through the refiners fire. I am becoming the husband, father and future leader of the church that He wants me to be. Elder Jefferey R. Holland asked a group of missionaries what the real reason we come on a mission. They all gave good answers about doing the Lord's work and all of that. But he said, "No thats not it. The Lord can do all of that. But what He cant do is force us to prepare to become the leaders of the church, including husband and father." Wow... I never thought of it like that. Numbers really dont matter as long as we are working hard and following the rules that are there to protect us. I am so grateful to be here on a mission and for the opportunity i have (unlike any other) to become who my Father in Heaven wants me to. I love you guys so much, keep up the good work!

Oh and i  almost forgot. Today... was crazy lol. We had a zone activity at the stake center (Dichemso). So we went with the Kiffers and it was the Kiffers activity. So we started to do the activities they had planned which was kinda like an olympics type thing. We did 3-legged races and egg races (carrying the egg with a spoon, in the mouth and hand) and stuff like javolin with a pbc pipe and discus (not sure how to spell it). Well.... first what happened was when it got to javelin... Elder Kiffer and Elder Mason (zone leader) were out in the field where we were throwing towards and Elder Ikor threw it without really paying attention to them. Well the pipe flew through the air so fast and just so happened to nail Elder Kiffer (old man Kiffer) square in the forehead. His head was gushing blood! IT WAS CRAZY!! So we all rushed for the first aid kit and to help him and everythnig was ok. But when they were putting the bandage on, for whatever reason i wasnt feeling too well (i wasnt feeling good yesterday and this morning either). So i took a chair on the sidelines and sat there with my head inbetween my legs. Next thing i know Elder Wright was holding me up and everyone was around me and i could see them but it was blurry. I HAD PASSED OUT! I landed square on the concrete head first and had cuts on my head, ear, hands and knees. IT WAS NUTS! Ive never felt like that before. The Kiffers called the Sabeys and they kinda freaked out and now have me on anti-malaria meds (its most likely not malaria but they arent going to take chances). But after i came to a sense of mind they sat me back in the chair and fanned me and gave me water (i hate attention, especially medical attention). I am just fine now except the cut on my ear and the knowledge knot on my forehead hahaha. It was kinda funny even mom is probably freakin out reading this bahahaha. Im ok mom, trust me!

 Well thats my funny story for the month! lol. I love you guys and hope you had a great week! Im starting to write more letters so give me ideas of what to say to you! Questions?!?! And all of you people who read this every week and think, "oh well i know whats going on with cody, i dont need to write him." YOURE WRONG! YOU NEED TO WRITE ME haha. I love you guys so much! Chruch is true!

Love, Elder Lehr

PS: No really mom, im just fine!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 8:58 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments