New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

I finally feel like I know what I'm doing 06/06/11

Posted

My week was fantastic! I got here on wednesday and we have been working our butts off every since. My companion has been here for 3 months and is from Nigerian, Elder David. He is awesome! I love this kid! We have found 6 new investigators that could be interested so we'll see. Asokwa has changed a lot. This is the very first area in kumasi that i came to straight from the mtc. I love it here. There are now groups in Atonsu and Daban that take a lot of the old members but there are also a lot of new faces that have moved here or been baptized since i was here, its exciting to be back.

As for the couples i havent met them yet, they come up on wednesday sometime. I think they are called the Zolls. Elder and Sister Zoll. It will be exciting for them to come. They have no idea what Ghana is like so it will be funny to see how they adapt :) . I got an envelope from the Mackay family! They sent me the new ensign and i got it today, tell them thanks for that! I get to use it to teach a FHE lesson with our bishops family! :D

President and sister Sabey leave like the first week of July. The Assistants have gone around taking videos of everyone saying something to them and theyll put it on a disk for them as a going away gift, besides that i think they have scheduled another zone conference in the next two weeks where im sure we can say our goodbyes and stuff, itll be interesting getting a new mission president. The new president has been to ghana i think twice, serving as couple missionaries both times.

I feel so good being in this area again. My companion and I are working so hard and its such a good feeling especially getting close to the end. Its a sweet feeling when my companion looks to me when teaching or when Im speaking a little Twi and he asks how to say some things and im able to teach him. I never thought i could get to this point where i finally feel like i know what im doing....Ironic part is that it will only last these 3 months haha. I wish i could have been like this my whole mission, how powerful that would have been.

Bounti, the guy that adjeifio and I baptized within my first few months is still here and active and going to the temple next month to do baptisms with the wards!! He was just so excited to see me again and to tell me that he's going to the temple and planning on a mission after his school finishes! :D :D

Well ive gotta head to bishops house for FHE. I love you guys. I know that God lives and loves me. I especially feel that love when i kneel in prayer asking for forgiveness each night. The church is true and this work is HIS work, to bring to pass the immortality and immortal life of man and HE directs it. I have had so many trials and frustrating times as well as amazing and powerful experience....add it all together and its called...mission, the best two years...SO FAR. :D I love you all and will talk to ya next week!

Elder Lehr

This entry was posted on Monday, June 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments