New couple missionaries-"The Zolls" 06/29/11

New couple missionaries-"The Zolls"                              06/29/11

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Elder David & Elder Lehr

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey

Good bye to Pres & Sis Sabey


Missing my Silverstone Ward

Missing my Silverstone Ward
Silverstone sticker on back of van

LIGHTING OF THE ROACHES

Posted

My beloved family!

I miss you guys like crazy and am always thinking about what you guys are up to and how crazy life back at home still is. There is never time to relax at the Lehr home. I miss that. Anyways, Mission life is going haha. This last week was really frustrating probably just because yesterday at church there was 26 people there when the Sacrament mtg started. It was pathetic and sad. I miss my home ward :(. Besides that stuff, we have been teaching a few guys that are mechanics and always bugged us mostly cuz we are white but we decided to teach them at least once and after the whole "America" thing people always go through with us, we taught a good lesson and they responded pretty well so we are going back again. You just never know who the Lord has prepared.

Elder Clements and I decided that even though we've had a frustrating week (He's still been sick til Thursday), we were not going to let that get to us. So we stuck tape to our fingers and stuck a whole bunch of cockroaches that are in our kitchen and flung them into a metal cup and started lighting the contents inside the cup on fire! Typical boys, i thought missions were supposed to help us grow up and mature, oh well. That doesn't include washing our sheets in a bucket and using our feet (clean feet) to stomp all over the wash. We didn't expect it but we ended up mopping the floor too with all the soapy water which was needed. I guess it's true what people have said about missionaries, we just go crazy in the apartment and do the stupidest things, but hey if it makes time go by faster when a companion is sick then so be it! I don't have much else to say this week, except President Dixon is coming to Kumasi on Thursday and so we'll have a zone conference with him and that should be exciting and uplifting! We have been so lucky to hear from general authorities every couple of months it seems like. :)

Well i love you guys so much and i cant wait for my bday, wait, nothing really exciting when it comes to b-days. If I'm still here then the Kiffers said they'll make a cake, if not then they'll still make it. I just wont be here to eat it. haha kinda like E. Adjeifio when he got transferred near his bday. You asked what else I want in my birthday package---I'd like some mashed potatoes and my patriarchal blessing and airheads and skittles and SNACK FOOD!!! Wheat thins or cheese its!!!! Put in anything that you'd want to have if you were stranded in a 3rd world country with nothing to MUNCH ON!! :D

You guys are awesome!! And if you ever get frustrated or just have a hard day, turn to the scriptures, it's full of stories about members of Christ's church having hard days. Elder Holland told us that if we had a hard day then SO WHAT!! Welcome to the church! :D Encouraging words...i know. Grin and bare it!

Love you all! Write me please! :D I sent out like 35 letters a few months ago....got 4 back. ouch!

Love,
Elder Lehr

This entry was posted on Monday, March 15, 2010 at 8:45 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 comments